CONSTITUTION OF AUAP
The Constitution of AUAP was signed and entered into force at Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima Province, Thailand on 28 July 1995.The Founding Members were the following universities:
1. Deakin University, Australia.
26. Araullo University, Philippines
2. Edith Cowan University, Australia
27. Banquet State University, Philippines
3. James Cook University of North Queensland, Australia
28. Centro Escolar University, Philippines
4. The University of Sydney, Australia
29. De La Salle University, Philippines
5. The University of Melbourne, Australia
30. Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University, Philippines
6. University of Technology Sydney, Australia.
31. Gregorio Araneta University Foundation, Philippines
7. University of Wollongong, Australia.
32. Holy Angel University, Philippines
8. Guizhou University, China
33. San Sebastian College – Recoletos, Philippine
9. Yunan University, China.
34. Southwestern University, Philippines
10. The University of Hong Kong, China.
35. Saint Paul University, Philippines
11. Universidad de Macau (Macau), China.
36. University of Cebu, Philippines
12. Cochin University, India
37. University of Negros Occidental-Recoletos, Philippines
13. Gujarat University, India
38. University of Northern Philippines, Philippines
14. Indira Gandhi National Open University, India
39. Wesleyan University-Philippines, Philippines
15. Panjab University, India
40. University of San Jose –Recoletos, Philippines
16. University of Dehli, India
41. West Visayas State University, Philippines
17. Brawijaya University, Indonesia
42. Western Mindanao State University, Philippines.
18. Trisakti University, Indonesia
43. Bulacan State University, Philippines
19. University of Indonesia, Indonesia
44. Manuel S. Enverga University Foundation, Philippines
20. Hannan University, Japan
45. Bangkok University, Thailand
21. Seoul City University, South Korea
46. Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
22. Universiti Pertanian Malaysia, Malaysia
47. Suranaree University of Technology, Thailand
23. University of Otago, New Zealand
48. Walailak University, Thailand
24. Adamson University, Philippines
49. Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam
25. Angeles University Foundation, Philippines
50. University of Dalat, Vietnam.
51. Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Vietnam
The CONSTITUTION WAS REVISED BY:
1. The 10th AUAP-University of Newcastle Special General Conference held at The University of Newcastle, Australia, on December 7, 2013.
2. The 14th AUAP General Conference held virtually on 18 November 2020
The Universities of Asia and the Pacific through their representatives assembled in conference at Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, on 28 July 1995:
Recognizing the need to relate education to the life and aspirations of the people, and to preserve and enhance the cultural, social and economic development of society for the people, and
Believing that regional cooperation among universities can contribute substantially to the improvement of national systems of higher education, to economic and social development, to human resources development and to mutual understanding and respect among people, and
Further believing that such co-operation can be highly effective and manageable on a regional scale, and
Conscious that the diversity of the institutions and systems of higher education of Asia and the Pacific constitutes a resource which can be drawn upon to the advantage of all concerned, and
Believing that an association of the universities of the region can enhance mutual co-operation among individual institutions to enrich their role in teaching, research and service and thus in promoting justice, human dignity, progress and peace, and
Believing also that in these matters the efforts of a regional association will complement those of international, sub-regional and national bodies concerned with higher education,
Hereby decide to establish an association: Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific.
AUAP was established under the General Provisions Act of Suranaree University of Technology (SUT) and approved at the 7th/237 SUT Council Meeting on the 17th September 1994.
AUAP’s designation is covered by Suranaree University of Technology, which is registered as an Autonomous University by the Ministry of Education, Thailand, with an official document of authorization published in the Government Gazette, Article 107, Section 131, Special Vol. pp. 93, on 27th July 1990.
The permanent headquarters and address of the Association shall be: Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima, 111 University Avenue, Muang District
download file >>>